Organizations that offer transportation and logistics services require data to analyze the performance of the business. There is a process of planning, implementing, and controlling procedures for the efficient and effective transportation. This includes the storage of goods including services, and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements. This definition includes inbound, outbound, internal, and external movements.
While the developing global economy offers enormous growth potential for the freight and logistics industry players, it also brings more intricate supply chains, higher costs and tighter regulatory demands. For these organizations to achieve maximum profitability collaboration with a number of trading partners in various parts of the world, ranging from suppliers, carriers, and government agencies must be enabled.
Visual Data Group knows that the cornerstone of agile operations requires visibility-both of inventories in transit, as well as any market events which will impact on-time delivery. When this information is visible inside and outside the enterprise, unexpected events can be rapidly assessed and risk mitigation plans can be quickly developed and implemented. Find out how a Business Intelligence (BI) solution will:
- Improve profitability with in-depth analysis of service and network portfolio across customers, suppliers and every step in the logistics chain
- Track supplier performance against service level agreements to identify opportunities, negotiate intelligently, and tier contracts based on results
- Analyze loads, routes, carriers, tendering, bookings, customs filings, freight audit and payment on a by-order basis to reduce cost variables
- Improve cash flow and gain operational efficiencies by enabling streamlined business discovery across all enterprise functions
- Streamline safety, traceability and compliance reporting with drill-down detail to documentation